Saturday, December 31, 2011

I can make a difference


I was talking to a friend of mine from high school this week and found out that a very good friend had been dead for several years. I have missed out on the last opportunity to tell Dee Dee what a difference she made in my life. Although she lived a tortured life she was always kind, wise and fun around me. And she was always there when I needed her the most. I will always miss her but I can say, she made a big difference in my life. I would like to think that the same could be said for me, but only time will tell. Before time slips out of your hand, let's share someone who has had a positive effect on your life. There may not be a tomorrow for you to tell them in person.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Katie O'Shea! I love the pic too, the name fits it well. I wish we were closer to sit and cry, laugh, and walk back through those memories we shared. Some so personal very few people know about them, others so wonderful I never want to forget them. Do you remember trying to sing Holy, Holy, Holy in church one Sunday morning and I could never get the right notes? We started over a couple of times, but I don't think I ever got it right! Or how about this one...hinkle, hinkle, tsk, tsk, snap snap...? I think that was it. My granddaughter recites random things like that now. WE HAD OUR LAUGHES, AND WE HAD OUR FIGHTS...WHO DIDN'T? But most of all we had each other to grow up with. I am glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete